Keep Your Plumbing Flowing With Quality Plumbing Maintenance.
With fall comes a lot of home maintenance and upkeep to prepare for the incoming colder temperatures! While many people get roofing and heater maintenance completed for their homes, they may not consider getting plumbing maintenance to prepare for winter as well. Plumbing is a critical part of your home and is very vulnerable to drops in temperature. This could allow water to freeze in your plumbing, leading to damage and expensive repairs. This can be an even bigger problem if there is an underlying issue that is not handled before the cold comes in. That is why it is so important to have your system checked out.
Fall Plumbing Checklist
As a homeowner, there are some checks you can do on your own to get a general idea if your plumbing is ready for the winter. Completing these tasks will allow you to ensure your plumbing is at its best and get any repairs needed completed early, saving you trouble in the long run.
- Check for any leaks: Leaks can spring from your pipes and fixtures. If your faucets are damaged, you may want to consider a PlumbMaster fixture for replacement.
- Take a look at your water heater: Consider its age and check for any wear or damage. You may also want to adjust the temperature of the water for the winter.
- Check your sump pump if you have it: With excess moisture from storms, you want to make sure your sump pump is ready to go to work and drain your basement.
- Make sure to store your hoses: Put up the summer hoses and make sure you cover your outdoor faucets to prevent damage.
- Remember to turn off the water when away: Shutting off your water ensures no water sits in your pipes while away and can register with your water meter.
GC Plumbing is your source for quality plumbing inspection and repair for your home. Need repair and plumbing maintenance in Round Rock and Lago Vista, TX? Give us a call today at (512) 400-3104!