Having a home and business means that you get access to clean water straight from your faucet. With modern plumbing, we are able to have access to water immediately with the help of our water lines. The water line in a home or business is a pipe that is connected to water from municipal or well water. Your cold water and your hot water are separated into their own systems once water reaches your water line. Because of how important our water line is, its vital that it’s in excellent condition. However, if you have been experiencing issues with high water pressure or an increase in your water bill, it’s time to call a plumber.
While these things might not have anything to do with your water line, it is worth looking into. Since your water line supplies you with the water that you need in your home or business, ensuring its in good shape is critical. If you need plumbing maintenance for your water line, you can call GC Plumbing. If our plumbing contractors find anything wrong with your water line, we are able to provide water line repair for your Round Rock and Lago Vista, TX residential or commercial property. Don’t wait, call us at (512) 520-0056 to schedule your appointment today.
How Does a Water Line Become Damaged?
When it comes to our water line, the damages that it develops aren’t really something we can prevent. With lines like a sewer line, we are able to reduce damages like ensuring hair doesn’t go down the drain or that grease doesn’t go down the drain; water lines, on the other hand, develop damages based on environmental and changes in our climate. The biggest problems that we see with water lines are
- Extreme Changes in Temperatures: This typically happens in the winter, but when the pipes freeze and then go back to normal, it can cause issues for your water line. This is because your water line went from one temperature extreme to another in a short amount of time, so it causes the water line to become damaged.
- Mineral Buildup: Whether its water coming from a well or the city, our water can be filled with minerals. While they aren’t harmful to drink, they can present a problem for pipes. This is because over time minerals can build up, which causes the line to become clogged.
- The Ground Shifts: It is completely normal for the ground surrounding our home and business to shift. It happens all the time and is typically harmless, but it can sometimes affect the plumbing. Since the water line is located underground, when the ground shift, it can cause the water line to shift, as well.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots inhabit various types of plumbing lines, including water lines. When there is tiny crack or hole in the water line, a tree root can start to grow there. As the tree root grows, it can expand in the line and cause it to burst.
- Excess Water Pressure: We need good water pressure in order for the water to run smoothly in the water line. However, if the water pressure becomes too intense, it can be too much for the water line to handle and cause it to become damaged.
If you think that you need water line repair in the Round Rock and Lago Vista, TX areas, please don’t hesitate to call our plumbers today.
Signs That You Need Water Line Repair
Typically, the water line is located 3 feet beneath the ground, so homeowners and business owners can’t exactly see when their water line is damaged. While property owners aren’t able to see if the water line is damaged, there are signs that suggest that repairs are needed.
- A Decline in Water Pressure: While high water pressure can cause water line damages, low water pressure can give you a clue that something isn’t right. The high water pressure causes leaks in your water line and in turn, creates low water pressure in your home or business.
- Puddles in Your Yard: If you haven’t watered your lawn or it hasn’t rained in the last couple of days, having a wet yard can be a telltale sign that water is leaking under your yard due to a leak in the water line.
- Discolored Water: Mostly when we see discolored water, we think of corrosion in our pipes. While this can be due to corrosion in your water line, it can also point to the fact that soil is getting into the water line and making its way into your drinking supply.
- A Rise in Your Water Bill: When a water line is damaged due to a leak, it’s going to use up a ton of water. This will cause a spike in your water bill. You will know if something is wrong if you haven’t used more water that month and the bill indicate otherwise.
Are you experiencing any of these issues in your home or business? Get in touch with one of our plumbers to schedule an appointment for water line repair in Round Rock and Lago Vista, TX.
Call To Schedule Water Line Repair Service
If you are having issues with your water line, GC Plumbing is here to help. We can determine where the damage in your water line is by using video cameras. If the water line is beyond repair, our plumbers are able to provide water line replacement service. No matter the size of the damage, we work to get it repaired quickly and effectively, so call us at (512) 520-0056 for water line repair service in Round Rock and Lago Vista, TX.